Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Primary Season 2016

So for what may be obvious reasons I have been thinking a lot about the upcoming primary elections here in Chillicothe Ohio. Everyone is so focused on the Presidential nominees that they have for all intents and purposes forgotten how many senate seats, congressional seats, governorship's, and local positions are also up for grabs this year. I have included here the list copied from the Ross County Board of Elections website. I must say that I am unfortunately not acquainted with every name on this list but I have taken the liberty of bolding the people I would stake my reputation on.

Local Candidates for the March 2016 Primary
 *Judge of The Court of Appeals-4th District (Non-Partisan)
 -Valarie K. Gerlach -Matthew W. McFarland -Paul Price
*15th US Congressional District
 -Scott Wharton (D) -Steve Stivers (R) -Write-In (Dennis Lambert) (G)
*2nd US Congressional District
 -Russ Hurley (D) -Ronny Richards (D) -William R. Smith (D) -Jim Lewis (R) -Brad Wenstrup (R)
*State Representative (91st District)
 -Cliff Rosenberger (R)
*State Representative (92nd District)
 -Gary K. Scherer (R)
*County Commissioner (Term Commencing 1/2/2017)
 -Brad Cosenza (D) -Todd Holdren (D) -Jan Nusbaum (D) -James E. Barker (R) -Dan D. Cryder (R) -Dwight A. Garrett (R)
 *County Commissioner (Term Commencing 1/3/2017)
-Stephen A. Neal (D)
*Prosecuting Attorney
 -Matthew Schmidt (R)
*Clerk of Court of Common Pleas
 -Ty D. Hinton (D)
*Sheriff
 -Donald T. Hayburn, II (D) -George W. Lavender, Jr. (R) -Gregory Alan McKeever (R)
*County Engineer
 -Charles R. Ortman (R)
*Coroner
 -John A. Gabis (D)
*County Treasurer
 -Jerald A. Byers (D)
*County Recorder
 -Kathy Dunn (D)
*Judge of The Court of Common Pleas
 -Michael Ater (R)
*State Central Committee Man-Republican
 -Phil A. Bowman (R) -James Rosendahl (R)
 * State Central Committee Woman-Republican
 -Wendy Sizemore (R) -Bonnie Ward (R)

Underlined Items: 1st I know both James E. Barker and Dan D. Cryder personally, Dan and I spent the week of the fair manning the Ross County Fair both last summer, while James and I were runners at the Republican Fish Fry last September. Both are good hard working men that I would gladly vote to the position of County Commissioner, Only at the time of this writing I have not decided which one I would vote for and therefore until that time I will endorse both although only one will can win.


2. I am a Republican and as such it takes a great deal for me to endorse anyone with a D next to their name that said Steve Neal though maybe not a personal friend has been in my sphere for a very long time. You see Steve's parents have been the greatest neighbors my grandparents could ask for and his daughter Sarah and I graduated high school together. Steve is a good man from a good family and though I know I may catch some flak for crossing party lines I would like to see Steve continue to serve our community.

No comments:

Post a Comment